Walking With Purpose – A Catholic Women’s Bible Study
WHAT IS WALKING WITH PURPOSE?
Walking with Purpose is a Catholic women’s Bible study that aims to bring women to a deeper personal relationship with Jesus Christ by offering personal study and small group discussion that link our everyday challenges and struggles with the solutions given to us through the teachings of Christ and the Roman Catholic Church.
COURSES CONTAIN TWENTY-TWO SESSIONS
Opening Your Heart: The Starting Point
Tuesday mornings, 9:30-11:30
Friday mornings, 10:00-12:00 (Babysitting might be available)
This foundational course is designed for women who are new to Walking with Purpose as well as for those with more experience in Bible study! The course explores the core questions with which we need to wrestle if we want to experience all that God wants to give us. Questions we will discuss include:
• How can I conquer my fears?
• What is the role of the Holy Spirit in my life?
• What does the Eucharist have to do with my friendship with Christ?
• What are the limits of Christ’s forgiveness?
• Why and how should I pray?
• What is the role of suffering in my life?
• What challenges will I face in my efforts to follow Jesus more closely?
A DVD series on Priorities complements the course. Immensely practical and encouraging, Opening Your Heart is the perfect starting point as you seek to grow closer to God.
Touching the Divine
Tuesday mornings, 8:00-9:30
Tuesday evenings, 7:30-9:30
• Do people’s opinions of you cause your feelings to yo-yo up and down?
• Have you based your worth on something other than what God thinks of you?
• Do you find it hard to be close to Christ because you just don’t know Him very well?
Touching the Divine is a study of the Gospel of St. John designed to draw each of us into a deeper relationship with Jesus as we reflect on Christ’s personality. Knowing Him more intimately will increase our love for Him. St. John referred to himself as “the disciple whom Jesus loved.” As we study, John will teach us how much Christ loves us and how His love is the true satisfaction of our souls.
Discovering Our Dignity
Tuesday evenings, 7:30-9:30
• Do you ever wonder if what you do really matters?
• Does your life feel tied up in knots?
• Do you ever feel lonely and long for meaningful relationships?
Relationships characterized by comparison and competition, habits leading to places of frustration and discouragement, wondering what the point is of it all….these challenges are nothing new. Women of the Bible struggled with many of the same things that we find hard today. Through their stories recorded in Scripture, they reach out to touch our “present” in a tender, honest, and loving way—woman to woman. The result—we learn where to go for true contentment and fulfillment.
For more information, contact Marsha Jacobeen at 703-378-2660 or firstname.lastname@example.org