Nursing Home Outreach
The mission is to enhance the spiritual, educational and social life of the residents who reside at Manor Care Health Center and Arden Courts Alzheimer’s Assisted Living facilities located within St. Timothy parish. The Ministry provides the opportunity to live ones faith by example of performing spiritual and corporal works of mercy. The Ministry is comprised of volunteers recruited through the annual Parish Volunteer Fair and personal inquiries. The motto of the Ministry is: “Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of the least brothers of mine, you did for me.” (Matthew 25:40)
Currently 16 volunteers devote time to:
- Mass attendance with residents;
- one-in-one visits; reading to and praying with residents;
- weekly recitation of the Rosary in a group setting and one-on-one;
- Twice-monthly conversation hour where current events and memories are shared among residents;
- other activities as designated by the Activities Department of the health care facilities.
Rosary at Arden Courts: Each Wednesday 1:30 – 2:00 p.m.
Mass at Arden Courts: 2nd and 4th Thursday 10:30 a.m. (St. Timothy priest and visiting priest)
Mass at Manor Care: 1st Friday 3:00 p.m. (St. Timothy priest)
Communion distributed at Manor Care: Every Sunday. *
Conversation hour at Manor Care: Thursday twice a month 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Bingo at Manor Care: Saturday, Sunday & Tuesday 2:45 – 4:00 p.m.
Ashes distributed at Manor Care and Arden Courts: Ash Wednesday.*
Anointing of the sick at Manor Care/Arden Courts: Twice a year and on request (parish priests)
Opportunity for Confession on request (parish priests)
* provided by Extraordinary Ministers/Deacons